Saturday, June 22, 2013

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Greetings everyone!

Exams have been over for a week and I have had a (I think) well-deserved break so far. I had a pseudo-weekend in Cairns with le boyf and came back on Wednesday. I didn't even think to take photos.. and I mean it didn't help that I only just found my SD card about an hour ago. That's how out of it I was. I say it's a pseudo-weekend because it wasn't really the weekend, but it was still 2 days. I sort of realised that it was our one month anniversary that day.. man, I suck. Anyway, the weather was magnifique and it was so good to get out.

As a small aside, I'm going home tomorrow and I'm super excited to see everyone! Time flies. Seriously. I remember leaving home at the beginning of the semester, and already it's been one week out of six of my holidays.. just gone.

Anyway, I thought I might introduce one of my everyday products: MAC's Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder. Personally, I find it a bit annoying and after it's finished I will definitely be moving onto pressed powder. It's just that when I'm on the go, it's a hassle opening the container to an explosion of powder when it's moved around in my makeup bag or whatever. Not ideal. Overall though, it's pretty good, although the only other powder I have to compare it to is one from Natio. I want to try Urban Decay's finish powder so it's definitely on my list of next purchases.

To be honest, I didn't ever think of finishing powder as a necessity but once you go MAC, you can never go back. Kidding. I just wanted to put a rhyme in there. But seriously. I don't think I could ever put on foundation again without setting it with some sort of finishing powder. I'm the type of person who has fairly dry skin, but I still opt for oil-free foundations because I absolutely hate my skin feeling really dewy, moist and just.. gross. That's my opinion anyway. I will do anything in my pow(d)er to attain a matte finish. That's just how I roll. I just like the way it feels.


And again, to be perfectly honest, I had no idea how to use it when I first got it. Mind you, this was over half a year ago, so please forgive my newness to this industry. I tried taking the entire top off and then realised that all I had to do was remove the little sticky thing.. whoops.

So, after a shake or two.. or when it's been travelling in my makeup bag, it looks like this.


I kid you not, there is nothing more annoying than loose powder. Pressed powder is definitely the way to go.


I mean it works just as well as any other finishing powder that I've tried, and it's pretty reasonably priced (not if you're in Australia, but if you're in another country that doesn't have 100% premiums on top-end cosmetic brands..). Overall, I recommend this powder pretty highly, especially if you're a lover of loose powders. For me, I think it wastes too much product and it's messy and goes everywhere. It's just annoying.

*Edit: I totally forgot where to buy this powder. Well, if you want to buy it at David Jones/Myer/MAC (do we even have dedicated MAC stores here?), it's $42.00 according to the Australian site, and $29.00 if you're fortunate enough to be on the other side of the world, like Nordstrom. Man I love Nordstrom. They sell this powder everywhere - my best friend bought this for me in Hong Kong and I'm pretty sure the prices are similar. Same with Korea.

Lots of love! x

No comments:

Post a Comment